samedi, août 05, 2006

This is Lebanon

Hi again. I know it's been a long time. The fact is that I've been volunteering in Beirut, helping in the relief efforts for the displaced people and also working on independent projects, mainly a project pertaining to the mental health among the displaced people in Beirut during this war. I had many findings from visiting and meeting the displaced people. The war in general has changed my perspective to my country. Well, Lebanon is not only the Downtown Beirut. Lebanon is not only Hamra street with its coffeeshops, Monot with its nightclubs or Gemmayzeh with its pubs. Lebanon is also Qana with its 55 martyrs in 2006 and over 100 in 1996. Lebanon is Marwahine, Bint Jbeil, Maroun al Rass and even Bab Al Tabbaneh in Tripoli, maybe the poorest region in the Middle East. From the North to the South, we are all Lebanese, we are all humans and we should stick together to better face this unhuman war.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Its great that you are helping what you can nabil. This war will end soon and with people coming together, Lebanon will get back on its feet quickly. Allah ma3akom. Shireen

otterinaround a dit…

HE HAS FOUND A KEYBOARD!!! Thank Goodness you have...I was starting to get worried...I can't get through on the phone lines.
Oh, Greetings from Cyprus! Nabil you went back to working numbers but found out something deeper. It is horrific that it came because of this event. Hope it isn't long before you are reunited with the beloved tomato...I know I miss my ride...Stay, safe, and don't forget to rescue your bike...she's scared and needs ridden..

healthcare.consultant a dit…

hey nabil, good to hear you're doing fine,stay safe hope to see you all soon.

linalone a dit…

Akhh

Zizou From Djerba a dit…

Azizi Nabil !!
We need a small update !! what are you up to !
I miss you a lot my dear !!