vendredi, février 10, 2006

A day at a fancy gym

Final exams are over. It's time for a relaxation day in order to kick off the next semester in a refreshing way, with new spirit. My friend, Otter, invited me to a fancy gym in Beirut. We began with an endurance training on a stationery bike for about an hour. Afterwards, he dragged me to a spinning class. I was kinda humiliated there. I found out at this moment that the endurance training had eaten up all my resources left in my body. 60-year old women were able to keep up with Patricia and I was stuck on the first gear. Anyways, after the spinning class, it was time for the relaxation, specially for the sore muscles of mine. I went to the locker room to see my first shocking scene. An old man's naked butt. (Actually he was totally naked) In fact, that was the first butt for the day. And then, the butt show began. In that day, I saw more butts than I've ever seen in my whole life. In fact, I've never seen mine that much. I used to think that in Lebanon, people are more reserved than in Europe but it seems that they feel even more comfortable with their body, regardless how ugly their bodies were. Or maybe it's a social aspect specific for a privileged social class. In all cases, I don't want to see naked butts. It's a violation of one of my rights. The freedom of sight.

1 commentaire:

nobilis tobilis a dit…

and unremovable